Monday, September 5, 2016

Many Thanks!

I’ve been trying to write about the end of law school for quite a while now, but the post I was trying to write just isn’t coming. So I’m writing this instead.

Law school is over!

[ * cheers and huzzahs from the crowd * ]

By “over” I mean “I graduated”. I walked across the stage and received a fancy piece of paper designating me a J.D. (It’s a little surreal to see my name on a law school diploma.)

Maybe it’s weird, but “it’s over” feels more appropriate than “I graduated”. Law school seems like something I survived rather than something I accomplished. Maybe that’s why my diploma is now stored in a box somewhere.

And maybe that’s why I’m so grateful for all the support and encouragement I’ve received over the last three years, especially from my parents, siblings, grandparents, niblings*, aunts and uncles, cousins, and good friends (which includes just about everyone, I guess). If you are one of those people: Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! (You are wonderful.)

If anyone needs me, I’ll be in Virginia enjoying normal life.
_________________________

(*nieces and nephew)

Yes, I get to keep the funny hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment